Your Privacy is very important to us. In order to ensure that your personal information is protected while visiting SwiftMoney, we adhere to all practices outlined within the Data Protection Act of 1998. On this page, you will find detailed information on the data and information we may have about you, as well as the steps we take to handle your privacy.
You are not required to give any personal information in order to browse SwiftMoney. We only collect your personal information to match you with the appropriate services and to provide users with the best online experience possible. The information collected by our website includes but is not limited to:
• Data you provide in our web forms (i.e. loan application, contact form, banking information, email addresses, etc).
• Information related to your transactions such as payment history, balances, and reoccurring payments.
• Any information SwiftMoney receives from third parties such as sponsors, affiliates, or any subsidiaries of our sponsors.
• Any email addresses for contacts to SwiftMoney.com via emails.
• Automatic data automatically collected through cookies (please see cookies section).
• Name, phone number, address, banking information, and date of birth.
• The information collected by SwiftMoney is used to process your loan application, and to personalise your experience while browsing the site. We may also use your information to update your records with us, and to contact you for any issues that may arise with your account. We may also use the data collected in order to provide analytical and statistical data for our advertisers or 3rd parties. The information provided by you may also be used for our records to avoid double applications and to verify any new information provided by you. SwiftMoney.com reserves the right to use information provided to us to comply with any possible legal obligations. By providing your information on our website, you are providing consent for us to share your information with 3rd parties and agents of SwiftMoney as described below:
• Credit Agencies: We may share the information provided by you to credit agencies in order to process your credit history, verify your identity or any other personal information that will help us verify your application. SwiftMoney.com does not accept responsibility for any information given to separate parties outside of the parties we have directly provided the information for. SwiftMoney is not an agent of any credit agency and thus we do not provide detailed credit history reports for users.
• Service Providers: On occasion, we may provide contracted providers with necessary information to provide services for SwiftMoney. The scope of information provided to such companies is limited to the data necessary to complete the contracted work. These contracted service providers are not permitted to hold or share any information provided by SwiftMoney.com to other parties.
• Other Lenders: SwiftMoney may provide your information to other lenders, either direct or brokers. By providing our website with your information, you are consenting to have other lenders contact you with their offers including but not limited to financial products, loan services, or other services/products provided by the 3rd parties.
• With Your Consent: In the event that SwiftMoney is required to send you notice of sharing your information, you will receive notification in the form of email, direct mail, or via phone. This will allow you an opportunity to refuse to have your information shared or to consent to services not outlined above.
• Information Shared Outside of the UK: SwiftMoney may provide your information to companies outside of the UK such as advertisers based in the US, or any agents that are based outside of the UK. We use the appropriate measures to ensure that your information is safe and protected outside of the UK such as performing adequate research on any non UK companies, and contacting companies directly when needed.
We take the required steps to ensure that your privacy is protected even when shared when 3rd parties. However, if you wish to opt out of communication with a 3rd party referred by SwiftMoney, it must be done directly through that party. 3rd parties may include but are not limited to other lenders, service providers, and advertisers. We restrict information available to these 3rd parties when obligated and when appropriate.
Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This DOES NOT INCLUDE our partners/ providers, our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
Our partners/providers may use your personal data for direct marketing purposes and those Provider may pass on your personal data to third parties for use for direct marketing purposes and verification procedures with external agencies, including but without limitation, credit reference agencies and customer service providers.
Partners/ providers may transfer your personal data outside the European Union and into the United States. All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security, see below.
Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Web Site. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
• internal record keeping;
• improvement of our products / services;
• transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
• contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Web Site.
As a part of protecting your privacy, SwiftMoney will take the appropriate action if a user is found providing false or fraudulent information including:
• Misrepresenting financial information.
• Identity theft.
• Providing a fake address, name, phone number, email, or other contact information.
• Providing stolen or false bank account information.
• Providing any information that you know or suspect to be untrue
In the even that you provide any false or fraudulent information in any of our forms or applications, we may record it and pass the information to FPA’s, Law enforcement agencies and any other organization that handles online fraud. Government agencies may have access to the information gathered to examine in cases in which an applicant is a suspect in a crime. If it is found that you are using SwiftMoney for any illegal action such as money laundering, identify theft, or cyber crimes, we reserve the right to pass along your information to law enforcement and pursue legal action for any losses incurred, financial or otherwise.
SwiftMoney does not provide your information to any fraudulent or unauthorised organisations or persons. Any parties that we provide information to have been checked and determined to be trustworthy and a legitimate company by SwiftMoney .
Due to the nature of our website and industry, we may store your information indefinitely. We will keep your information as long as needed in order to provide our services. In the event that you have requested not to be contacted for marketing purposes, SwiftMoney may still keep your information for our records. When required to by law, we will dispose of any information in the appropriate manner to ensure that all records are unable to be retrieved.
You may be contacted by SwiftMoney or 3rd parties via email, phone, mail, fax, or mobile messaging. Communications may include but are not limited to:
• Updates to our website.
• Specials or offers from us or our advertisers.
• Payment collections.
• Response to an inquiry SwiftMoney reserves to right to contact you indefinitely unless otherwise requested. SwiftMoney.com also reserves the right to end communications at any time. Any phone conversations between you and SwiftMoney will be recorded for quality assurance and for privacy reasons. By calling any phone numbers listed on our website or printed materials, you are consenting to having the conversation recorded.
From time to time, we may provide links to 3rd party sites through our sites. SwiftMoney does not accept responsibility for the privacy practices of sites linked to our site. Accessing these sites is at the sole discretion of web users and we shall have no responsibility for communications or actions between you and a 3rd party linked from out website.
Accessing Your Information
Barring certain circumstances, you have the ability to obtain the information that we have obtained on you by requesting it writing. You may be required to pay a fee for us to pull your information and send it to you. Please send requests for personal information to 1 Lowry Plaza, The Quays, Salford, Manchester, M50 3UB. If you find or suspect that any information we hold about you is incorrect or fraudulent, please contact us as soon as possible with the information that is incorrect, and we will change it if the information is deemed to be incorrect. This includes address, name, banking information, or contact information for marketing materials.
We strive to make sure that all of your information is private. We make special circumstances for information deemed sensitive. Sensitive information is defined under the Data Protection Act 1998 and includes:
• Medical information such as medical conditions, surgeries, or your medical history.
• Racial or ethnic origin
• Your political affiliations or opinions.
• Membership to any trade associations or unions.
• Religious beliefs or philosophical ideas.
• Your Criminal history.
• Sexual orientation - In the event that we need to access or process any of your sensitive information, we will ask for your consent prior to the act via email, writing, phone, or other means of communication.
Cookies are bits of information collected on your computer through your internet browser. The information includes your name, address, and habits. We utilise cookies to personalise your web experience and make browsing our site easier and more convenient. We may also provide 3rd parties with information collected from cookies. We do not store your password information. The information provided does not identify any individual users and is used for marketing purposes. By default, most web browsers automatically store cookies, but this can be disabled. If you choose to disable cookies while on our site, your user experience may not be as fast or personalised as it could be. In order to find and disable cookies, see the instructions below:
• Internet Explorer.
• Select Tools in the top menu bar.
• Internet Options.
• Open the Privacy Tab.
• Click “Advanced”.
• Check the box that says “Override automatic cookies” then you can customise the settings as you see fit.
• Select Tools.
• Click Privacy.
• Select Cookies.
• Customise your preferences from this menu.
• Go into Safari.
• Click preferences.
• Customise your options.
Security Cookies – Session cookies used to support security measures within the site.
Yield Manager – This is a tracking pixel that records traffic coming from 3rd party sources.
Provide Support – A tracking pixel used to track web session for customer service web chat.
Swift Money – Contains a session cookie recognizing applicant to process loan application through completion.
Google Analytics – Web analytics tracking.
Google Adwords – Conversion tracking